What is the Institute of Liberal Arts and Sciences of MIU?
This is an educational institution where humanitarian educational programs are designed, namely human sciences in a broad sense.
What educational programs do you have?
We have a “Management in Art and Culture” Master’s program and two Bachelor’s programs, “Psychology” and “Art-management”
How does your Master’s program work?
Our Master’s program consists of basic and special courses. Basic courses are those on management and general courses in history of arts, philosophy, and literature. You can find the list of courses here. Author’s original courses from leading researchers are also considered basic. You can find the list of these courses here here
Basic subjects take 2 days a week, Monday and Wednesday. Basic courses are required to get a Master’s diploma.
Ok, now tell us about the profiles
There are five of them: sound studies, Moscow School of New Literature, classics studies, art-management, and Lacanian psychoanalysis. You can read about the features and programs of each of them here
You have two options:
1. You can choose a specific profile and complete the entire program.
2. You may not choose a specific profile and freely attend all the classes you wish to. In fact, you get an individual curriculum.
Specific subjects also take up two days a week — Thursday and Saturday. Completing specific subjects allows us to award you a diploma on advanced training..
How much does the training cost?
Master’s training costs 215 000 rub.
Can I study free?
What learning opportunities do i have?
1. Master’s program + specialty. Duration — 2 years. Program: basic subjects + any specialty program (literary school, sound studies, classics studies, art-management, Lacanian psychoanalysis). Price: 215 000 per year. Diplomas: Master’s diploma in “Management in art and culture” and a diploma on advanced training on the chosen specialty.
2.Master’s program + free attendance to any of the specialties. Program: basic subjects + any specialty program (literary school, sound studies, classics studies, art-management, Lacanian psychoanalysis). Price: 215 000 per year. Diplomas: Master’s diploma in “Management in art and culture” and a diploma on advanced training on the specialty that you attended the most
3. Advanced training program without Master’s. You can choose one of the specialties (literary school, sound studies, classics studies, art-management, Lacanian psychoanalysis). Duration — 2 years. Program: profile subjects and courses + the best original author’s courses from the basic part of Master’s program. Price : 140 000 per year. Diploma on advanced training on the chosen specialty.
4. Advanced training program in one of the specialties. Individual curriculum, where the student chooses his own courses in one of the specialties. Duration —3 to 9 months. Price : from 15 000 per month. Certificate of professional development.
5. Auditor’s program. Free attendance of some courses. No certificates or diplomas awarded. Price: from 10 000 per month
Will i be able to combine training with work?
Yes, the training takes place in the evening of workdays and on Saturday
What is the class schedule?
Training takes place on workdays at 19.00 (2 classes) and on Saturdays morning (3 classes)
Mondays and Wednesdays — basic courses
Thursdays and Saturdays — specialty courses
Tuesdays and Fridays — various additional courses and events (upon request)
Do you have distance learning?
The Master’s program is full-time; however, some courses will also become available online soon. Follow the news!
Can i pay for the training in parts?
The training can be paid by term (i.e. half a year)
Do students get draft deferment?
Draft deferment is given in case that the student have not received it earlier on other stages of education (college, Bachelor’s). Upon the Russian Federation legislation, deferment is given only at one stage of education.
Can i pay for the training using maternity fund?
Yes, education can be paid for using maternity fund. Mother’s presence is necessary at the payment and paperwork process; she must bring her Pension Fund Certificate.
For further questions write a letter to ([email protected]) or call: 8 903 267 42 14 (you can do it in whatsapp)